9 Ways to Wear the Simple White ShirtIf you only buy one new piece this season, make it a white blouse. The humble shirt can be worn a multitude of ways for daytime, corporate, evening events. Below are listed just a few ways to get creative with this classic wardrobe building block. 1. Skirted Take inspiration from Audrey in Roman Holiday with a full, below the knee skirt, or take your blouse after dark with a sequinned mini skirt.
2. Tied Up Crop your blouse by tying the unbuttoned bottom halves together. Tie a big knot and leave the ends loose; make it tight and polished, or loose and relaxed, the choice is yours.
3. Boyfriend Borrow from the boys and wear effortlessly oversized. Cuff the sleeves and wear with shorts, slim leg pants or over a mini skirt to create shape.
4. Buttoned Up More haute than hipster, button your shirt all the way to the top and keep necklaces to a minimum.
5. Beach Cover Up Add an editorial edge to your swimwear look by throwing an unbuttoned white blouse on top.
6. Black Tie For a formal event add a floor length skirt to take this classic white blouse to the next level.
7. Statement Necklace Under or over your white shirt a statement neckpiece works for any look.
8. Under A Frock Bring your favourite party dress into the daylight with a white blouse layered underneath.
9. Classic For the most versatile of all the white blouse looks wear loose around the neck with the sleeves rolled up.